Add a flock of sweet sheep to your winter wardrobe! Designed by Jennifer Chisam of Mountain Legacy Designs, the cowl can be knit using our worsted weight Ridgedale Farm Yarn OR you can opt for the DK weight version in Prairie Shepherds Yarn (please see the other kit listing for details).
The cowl is a quick knit using charted, stranded colorwork. It's a great colorwork project for an adventurous beginner, because it's worked in the round and has very few floats that need to be captured.
Kits come with 1 skein of Ridgedale Farms yarn in your choice of light or dark main color (MC), 1/2 skein of Ridgedale Farms yarn in your contrast color (CC), a pattern download code, a stitch marker, and a cotton project bag.
Yarn skeins are variable in terms of weight, yardage, and fiber type:
- Brown (MC) and Taupe (CC): ~180yds/4oz, Rambouillet x Columbia
- Beige (MC) and Brown (CC): ~150yds/4oz, Columbia
Knit, purl, stranded color work, catching floats
Includes written & charted instructions
Cowl sport weight (worsted weight)
24” (24”) circumference
Sport weight: Size 4 US (3.5 mm) & 5 US (3.75 mm) 16” (40 cm) circular needles or sizes to match gauge
Worsted weight: Size 6 US (3.5 mm) & 7 US (3.75 mm) 16” (40 cm) circular needles or sizes to match gauge
In stockinette stitch, with larger needles, 24 (16)sts & 24(16) rnds in 4”, worked on 16” circular needles
Read all about Ridgedale Farms in our interview here.
You can enjoy more of Jennifer's work over on Instagram:
and via Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/mountain-legacy-designs
Flock Cowl Kit (Worsted Weight)
- You will need to download a copy of Adobe or another PDF reader to view your pattern file.
- Patterns are PDF downloads and are, unfortunately, not eligible for refunds.
- If you have any problems with the file, please email me at knittingthestash(at)gmail.com