Designed by Mary Rawick
**Follow her on IG @maryzcorner
The Hollyhock Wrap started with Mary's fascination with these trailing alternate mini bobbles. They remind her of Hollyhock's growing in an old English garden. Alongside these quaint no-turn bobbles, the twists of this cable—inspired by Norah Gaughan's Knitted Cable Sourcebook—made her think of the twists you would see on the garden's iron gate. This rectangular wrap is worked from side to side, in the flat, has button loop instructions, and includes both written and charted instructions for the Hollyhock chart.
This kit includes three skeins of Shorn IV and a coupon code to download your pattern PDF from the knittingthestash website and a fun stitch marker.
Hollyhock Wrap KIT
- Size: 17.5” x 35” (44.5 x 89 cm)
- Needles: 6 US (4mm) with a 24” cord, or size to meet gauge
- Notions: tapestry needle, cable needle, one 1” (2.5cm) button
- Gauge: 22 sts and 30 rows in stocking stitch
- Yarn: 3 skeins of Shorn IV, a small batch DK weight yarn made up of Corriedale and Corriedale/Teeswater cross fibers; 3-ply, 250yds and 3.5oz per skein. Or, about 600yds of a DK weight, 3-ply wool yarn.