Designed by Kendra Castillo
**Follow her on IG @balanced.skein and on YouTube:
Vincent’s Cowl is a simple textured design, featuring two-by-one rib and a continuous V-shaped cable detail that gradually reveals a stockinette background. It is a wonderful gift knit that balances the intrigue of cables with the meditative element of plain stockinette and ribbing. This design is worked in rounds from bottom up in DK weight yarn and includes both written and charted instructions for three sizes: S (M, L)
Sample cowl (in the photos) is a size Small, knit with one skein of Shorn IV.
The Size Small Kit includes one skein of Shorn IV yarn for $28; the Size Medium/Large Kit includes two skeins of Shorn IV yarn for $51. Both kits include a coupon code to download your pattern PDF from the knittingthestash website and a fun stitch marker.
Vincent's Cowl KIT
- Sizes: 26.5 (29, 31)” total circumference
- Cowl Dimensions: H: 10.5 (11.5, 12.25)”; W (50% of total circ.): 13.25 (14.5, 15.5)”
- Yarn: 240 (280, 320) yds of Shorn IV or a DK weight yarn
- Needles: US 7 (4.5mm) circular needles with a 24” (61cm) cord, or whichever needle is required to meet gauge
- Notions: Cable needle (optional), two stitch markers, tapestry needle
- Gauge: 20 sts and 30 rows over 4” in stockinette stitch