A beautifully cabled set of fingerless mitts or mittens. The all-over cables create warmth and beauty. Materials: two skeins of Shorn III yarn.
From December of 2010 to the time of writing, the key photo on the Wikipedia ‘sock’ page has been a hand knitted sock. These mittens are based on those socks, with the same traveling stitch designs. The charted pattern includes both a fingerless and full mitten option, with an afterthought thumb.
- GAUGE: 9 stitches per inch in stockinette
- SUPPLIES: (65, 75, 85, 95) grams fingering weight yarn for a (small, medium, large, x-large)
- NEEDLES: US size 1 (2.25 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge, plus needles one size smaller
- NOTIONS: stitch markers
- SIZING: The (small, medium, large, extra-large) mittens will have (68, 72, 76, 80) stitches on the hand.
- You will need to download a copy of Adobe or another PDF reader to view your file.
- Patterns are instant, digital PDF downloads and are, unfortunately, not eligible for refunds.
- If you have any problems with the file, please email me at knittingthestash(at)gmail.com