Phoenix is a bottom-up pullover with compound raglan sleeves. It's my first clone and it accompanies my Sweater Clone Class available on Teachable. The cables are charted; a garment schematic is available at the end of the pattern.
The sample is a size 32” worn with zero ease on a 34” bust.
All sizes have approximately 2” of ease built into them
This pattern have been test knit—you can check out the project pages on Ravelry!
Instructional links are included at the end of the pattern for many of the techniques needed for this design! Skills required include:
• 2x2 Alternating Cable Cast On
• 2x2 Ribbing
• Increasing (M1P and M1K)
• Decreasing (K2tog/SSK and P2tog/SSP)
• 3x3 cabling and 2-1-2 cabling
• Knitting and Purling in the round
• German Short Rows
• Kitchener Stitch
I suggest using interchangeable needles for this project so that you can use multiple cords and avoid using waste yarn. If you are not a fan of magic loop, you’ll need DPNs to complete the sleeves and possibly the collar.
This pattern is in sizes ranging from 32-40” bust; please note that the hip size is assumed to be the same as the bust size, but you could easily adjust for this by casting on a larger or smaller size and working your own increases or decreases in the body. I hope to grade this pattern to be more size inclusive later this year :)
- You will need to download a copy of Adobe or another PDF reader to view your file.
- Patterns are instant, digital PDF downloads and are, unfortunately, not eligible for refunds.
- If you have any problems with the file, please email me at knittingthestash(at)gmail.com